Friday, March 6, 2015
Please Join! March 26 Reception & Silent Auction to Benefit Winneba Trip
Please mark your calendars and plan to join us for a special event to strengthen ties between Charlottesville and our Sister City of Winneba, Ghana.
On Thursday, March 26, from 5:00-6:30pm at Feast! (416 West Main St.), the Charlottesville-Winneba Foundation is holding a reception & silent auction to raise funds for an upcoming trip by a Charlottesville community delegation to Winneba in May. Enjoy some tasty refreshments, see some friendly faces and place your bid on some lovely auction items! There is no cost to attend.
Many thanks to the amazingly talented artists and other generous donors who contributed items for our silent auction! Items up for bid on Thursday will include:
* Painting by Lee Halstead
* Pottery by Nancy Ross
* Painting by Darrell Rose
* Silkscreen print by Maryanna Williams
* Artwork by Megan LeBoutier
* Lap quilt of East African fabrics made by Margie Shepherd
* Photograph by John Shepherd
* Angora hand knit hat by Pat Harder
* Collection of African-themed books by Nancy Damon, longtime director of Va. Festival of the Book
* Books from Va. Festival of the Book authors
The menu for Thursday's reception has now been announced! Many thanks to the fabulous staff at Feast! for preparing this delicious spread:
* Antipasto Platter: pickled veggies, olives, salami, prosciutto, pate and cheese
* Virginia ham biscuits: local sweet potato biscuits, chutney, VA ham
* Goats on a Date: dried dates stuffed with local goat cheese and marcona almonds
* Shabooboos: pickled peppadew peppers stuffed with our pimento cheese
* Combination of Albemarle baking company cookies and local peanut butter balls
(Complimentary non-alcoholic drinks will also be available, in addition to a cash bar for wine & beer.)
At the event, we'll also be debuting a short film created by Brian Wimer of Amoeba Films that will accompany a major Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign for the Winneba Library Project, to launch that same day. You won't want to miss it.
Thanks and hope to see you on the 26th! Please feel free to invite friends, family members, co-workers, neighbors, etc. The more the merrier.
p.s. If anyone has any items of value to contribute to the silent auction on March 26, or if you know of an artist or businessperson who might be willing to make a contribution, we would be MOST grateful for the support. Margie Shepherd has agreed to serve as our silent auction coordinator (thanks Margie!) so please contact her at email@example.com to arrange for the donation. (The Charlottesville-Winneba Foundation is a 501(c)3 organization, so donations are tax-deductible.)
Posted by DN at 12:26 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment